Online Therapy and Virtual Counselling in Ontario
Counseling services through online therapy is a great option for individuals, couples, or families to speak to a qualified Registered Social Worker and Psychotherapist virtually. Counseling online works in the same way as an in-office therapist but is provided through an online platform.
Does Virtual Counseling Work?
Counseling services online works in much the same way as traditional therapy. It can be effective in treating a number of mental health conditions or for those looking for extra support in their life.
Many studies and research have shown that telehealth works. Remote delivery of mental health services can reduce barriers for individuals and is just as effective as in-person therapy in many cases. For severe psychiatric disorders or other situations, more research is needed to determine if online therapy is a good option.
Here are just a few of life’s concerns we can help you with using online therapy sessions:
- Phobias and fears
- Parenting Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Caregiver Stress and burnout
- Body Image and Self-Esteem
- Advocacy Skills
- Goal Setting and Attainment
- Grief Counseling
- The mind-gut connection
- Financial Stress
- Developing a growth mindset
For most individuals, counseling services online is an excellent option. Talk to our therapists if you want to speak with someone further to see if online therapy is right for you.
Learn to live with ease and love your life
Who Can Use Online Therapy?
You may choose to work with an online therapist if:
- You, your partner, or your family do not want to travel to an office appointment
- You have a full schedule and want to reduce travel time
- You live in a remote location in Ontario and it isn’t easy to travel to a therapy office
- You have physical limitations and getting around can be challenging
- You do not want to travel from the comfort of your home or other location such as work or school
- You prefer the additional privacy from a remote location as you won’t see others as you might in an office setting
- Couples or families can access from different locations
- You want to reduce your carbon footprint by reducing your travel
You’ll need access to the internet, a computer with webcam, and/or a phone for your sessions and should feel comfortable using this technology. We provide distance counselling throughout Ontario, Canada.
Preparing for Your Online Counseling Session
After an initial consultation session, we will email you consent and confidentiality forms as part of the intake process. It is helpful if you can fill out these forms before your appointment to give our mental health professionals time to prepare for the appointment and to best serve you.
Find a quiet, private space for your distance therapy. We recommend you use a headset or earbuds. Reduce distractions such as emails or your phone by muting, turning them off or sitting away from any interruptions.
We’ll send you a link and a few minutes before your appointment time, you can just click the link to log on. If there are any technical issues, your therapist will phone you at the number provided at intake.
Getting Started with Virtual Therapy
It’s easy to get started. Book a free consultation online for a 15-minute tele-health appointment. Our group of Masters Level trained Clinicians will discuss how we can help you and set up a time that works for you to begin your first session.
All clinicians are trained in a variety of modalities and will work with you to find the right therapy for you. Some of the approaches we may use are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness and Grounding
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Online therapy is available for individuals, couples and families. If you have any questions, you can fill out our online form and we will get back to you. We look forward to helping you on your mental health care journey to healing and growth.